Monday 26 February 2007

Oranges

I've been sitting here for a little while (read: quite a while) doing important things like checking out what people are wearing to the Oscars (thanks dlisted) and having realised my first uni lecture ever is in an hour I've decided I should actually write something. My weekend was pretty boring - I worked all Saturday and then went to a friends place for dinner. Then made an attempt at going out but didn't really feel like drinking. We went to a cool bar where they were playing live funk which was cool - had a bit of a dance. I miss dancing with the Vinaway girls, seems like everyone here goes off into their own little world while dancing and there's very little interaction. The only guy interested in interacting was very sleazy and no one I was with would save me from him like we used to for each other. On Sunday I had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant, I had com bo luc lac (rice with oniony, garlicky beef) which was ok but tasted quite different to the stuff I had in 'Nam. I also had a da chanh (lemon juice) which tasted just right. I said cam on (thank you) on the way out and my waiter did a double take which was quite amusing.

Yesterday night I got really hungry after talking to Angie (i'm not sure the two events are connected) and since I didn't have any chocolate I decided to dash out to the supermarket. It was after 10 and there were still 3 bookshops open and helpfully the supermarket (need I say - that would never happen in Tassie). So I bought: one chocolate orange, one packet of chocolate biscuits, one packet of tampons and one packet of paracetamol. I might as well have had a flashing sign above my head saying "I'm currently menstruating - leave me alone". I found the whole thing rather funny.

Eek. There are people waiting to use the computers and here I am doing very unimportant things. Oh - that's another thing, my grand plan for using my neighbours’ internet has fallen through and I don't know what to do. Very annoying. So what should I do? What’s the cheapest way to get broadband wireless internet?

No comments: