Saturday 3 March 2007

Unwired

Ok so it's been many a day since my last update - almost a week! Sorry about that. I did actually write an entry on Monday but it appears to have been eaten by the interwebs. Bad interwebs. My very first week of actual uni went quite well. I really love my history subject - USA Today. It's basically American history from post world war two til today. A lot of people have shot me disgusted looks when I've told them I'm doing it, they seem to be under some impression it's some kind of America worshipping cult, but it really isn't. Know thy enemy and all that. Not that I really consider the US my enemy, it's the home of many great things (and yeah, I do have Hugh Grant's voice in my head right now... David Beckham's foot etc.): Joni Mitchell, The OC, California in general, the West Wing and I have discovered, the All American Girls Baseball Team (clearly the coolest thing ever, note the uniform). I'm also enjoying my other subjects. Philosophy is cool, my lecturer is a bit mad and I have an assignment due on Tuesday. It's only 150 words but my brain is finding it quite troubling. We haven't really got started with anything in sociology and modern lit is good but a bit wanky. I haven't even read anything by Kafka yet (i know, shock/horror) but the whole waking up as a cockroach thing seems just stupid. Also have no idea what modernism actually is - hope to rectify this at some point.

In other news: I have the internet at home!!! Tres exciting. I’m sitting ant my desk now - in my pjs and watching people walk past my big front window. So expect more updates - or maybe not - having it all the time will mean I just wont get around to updating probably. Umm.. Went to a party last night - a housewarming. With UNYA people. Took me a ridiculous amount of time to get there because the trams were crap - I almost gave up but I’m really glad I went. Mostly talked to Alice which is always cool. Drank a lot of punch. Was relieved that Claire etc don't hate me because of the whole snogging randoms on their couch incident. then Alice and I walked home coz we missed the last tram. today was spent feeling a bit rubbish (not sure why, I didn't drink that much), setting up the net and trying not to fall asleep reading my modern lit reader. T and I watched some Queer as Folk together tonight which was nice - and ate ice cream. Ok, i'm bored now.

Oh: you should listen to Hearts a Mess by Gotye

No comments: