Thursday 7 June 2007

So bitter you think he's sweet.

So today I handed in my less than stellar Media, Politics and Society essay. It was good to get rid of it. I also called my mum which cheered me up. That woman can really talk. It's funny because when I lived at home it seemed we didn't talk much at all. To celebrate essay finishing T and I had coffee at F's work and then I played The Sims and listened to The Libertines & Beulah. How does this differ from when I was essay writing? Very little, although I felt less guilty about it. Tomorrow I'm going to start studying for my philosophy exam. Yipee.

What else? I'm sure there was more...

T's mum came round tonight and I did that thing I always do of talking to my friends parents more than them (although not quite in this case, T and I are pretty much constantly talking). She was asking about my exams and I told her about philosophy and that I was planning to write on Humanitarian Intervention. T's mum is a very peaceful organic tofu kind of person. Nothing wrong with that - so am I sometimes. Anyway, she expressed the opinion that military intervention for humanitarian means was a silly idea and that guns never solved anything - that there were other ways etc. Which is true, sometimes. But I then pointed out that there are times, like in Rwanda that really a military intervention might have been the way to go. When people are already killing their neighbours maybe it's a time for guns. You know, I have this feeling that studying for philosophy (I'm planning to write on Poverty and HI) is not really going to cheer me up much...

No comments: