Tuesday 12 June 2007

The Clara Report

You'd think that someone with an important exam tomorrow in a complex subject would have spent today studying. Because while apparently first year grades don't count (I swear people only tell me that after I go well in things, it's very passive aggressive) , someone might be thinking of going on exchange sometime and that requires a really good grade average. Also if someone had moved states, and is paying considerably more for their degree you’d think they'd want to go well. You'd tend to think that such a person would have re-read some of the required reading, memorised some important names and facts and maybe done a few practice essay plans. But no. I spent the day forming an unhealthy obsession with Stephen Colbert. I also rewatched some QaF I'd seen many times before. It was perhaps the most unproductive day ever. The good news is my exam isn't til two tomorrow so I have some time to study in the morning. Why do I do this to myself?

In good news my philosophy tutor is going to buy us free jugs after the exam. I plan to get very drunk. For future reference I didn't plan to a) embarrass myself or b) stand around awkwardly. If only there was more middle ground between those two options. So anyway, I'll be able to sleep and slob on Thursday (so very different to what I did today...), possibly work in the afternoon and then probably go out on Friday. Then Saturday I'm going home for 4 days. Tres exciting.

No comments: