Sunday 10 June 2007

Happy Queens Birthday Eve

Hey, hey people. I have a really cute ponytail tonight and am saddened by the fact only T will see it. I really wish my hair/skin would focus on being good for days when I'm doing stuff. Yes, I realise that hair can't focus. I really believe that SwotVac is bad for the soul. It is driving me to watch Big Brother. I was going to make some clumsy segue to this about the soul but I'm too lazy. I went to see the Dalai Lama yesterday. It was kind of cool. It was also funny because it was at a football stadium and I imagine the crowd was quite different to usual. It was also funny because there was a voiceover of some very Aussie sounding guy saying "Welcome to the Dalai Lama's 2007 Australian tour!!!!!" I really thought he would try and rev us up and get people screaming "I love you Dalai Lama". Sadly he didn't. Anyway, so the DL appeared and really, just looks like an old guy with a funny robe on. Not that I was expecting anything else but... Hi's speech was alright but in all honesty got a bit boring. He did talk a lot about nonreligious people not needing faith to be compassionate which I thought was good. Anyway I thought of this a lot while I was there.

In other news I'm massively into french toast with honey. I never quite got the appeal, but it really is fantastic. Also it's very quick to make. And warm. Really there's nothing bad about it... unless you're allergic to egg.

I am such a fan of BBC World. Really, it's great. If i had the TV channel I would watch it all the time. As it is I listen to it when it's on NewsRadio, which is all the time because lets face it the BBC is just much better than the ABC. It's really funny hearing about Paris Hilton from a posh sounding journalist though, particularly that hideous statement she made about jail being hard but that she's "growing as a person". You could tell that the journalist was laughing on the inside. And because what the internet needs is more Paris Hilton discussion let me just say this. What I find particularly annoying about her repeated drink driving is how unnecessary it is. If you're young and poor and live in the country I can see why you might drink and drive. Sure it's still an incredibly stupid thing to do BUT I can see why it would happen. Paris is clearly none of those things, I think she could afford a taxi. She could probably afford to buy an international taxi company. Gah! Anyway sorry for the popcultureness.

Okay so in an attempt to appear intelligent after that, take a look at this excerpt from my Philosophy reader "Insofar as contextualism endorses a justificatory discourse about the delimitation of contexts and the variation of principles across them..." Is justificatory really a word? And if so is it necessary? Damn philosophers, they always use really random forms of relatively common words. It's like some kind of philosophers’ code. Tres annoying.

Also the postsecrets are really good this week I think...

1 comment:

mjec said...

"Justificatory" is not a word. They're just being sesquipedalian to show off.

For balance, now I have to make an inane shallow statement without regard to grammar or spelling:

ponytail = hawt!