Sunday 4 March 2007

Housekeeping.

Today I had to go and buy a mop, a bucket, a large frying pan and other cleaning items. I had decided that the best place to make these purchases was at the Big W in town, town is only a 10-15 minute tram ride away so all was well. I completely forgot that everyone in Melbourne seems to constantly be wearing their most stylish clothes. I of course was wearing my old three quarters and YP t-shirt, both of which i wore a lot in 'Nam and hence they suffered at the hands of Vietnamese laundries and are very washed out. I don't think I'd brushed my hair either. I felt like such a bogan sitting on the tram with my Big W shopping bags and very obvious mop. But it was also kind of funny. Have been using said mop, bucket and other cleaning products and feel very 1950's housewife. Really should get into some readings... Will soon, just waiting for floors to dry.

I've also been acquiring my housemate's cd collection - I'm getting cooler by the second. Seriously. I'm incredibly bad at typing on my laptop, every word has at least three unneeded characters on first go - yay for spell check. It's exciting having the net again though, it's quite fast. although I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to go up to the next level of downloads though. Anyone interested in skype? I just need to buy a headset and dl it. Let me know.
So, plans. I'm going to go see The Whitlam's next Saturday, with Jem and Andy, which should be cool. The comedy festival is on from the 4th of April which is all very exciting. So far I want to go and see: Ross Noble, Adam Hills, Terry Psiakas(or however you spell it) and possibly Wil Anderson for old times sake. Not sure how to finance this. May get parental units to pay for Ross as birthday treat. And now I'm not going to see the guy from Black Books, because I have no sense of humour. (Seriously, is that show even funny? I also don't like Little Britain, The Office or The Mighty Boosh, how uncool am I?).

I am going to read about modernism. Fun times.

No comments: