Sunday 27 May 2007

Anywhere that you want me to.

I want to be a Gilmore Girl. I really do. This is because on Friday night after pushing Mjec on to a tram I succumbed to the joys of JB HIFI. It really is one of my favourite places in the world (the others include Angkor Thom, the creek at my parents place, The British Museum, Hoan Kiem Lake and South Lawn at Uni). I also really can't walk past it without going in. The rational of course is that there are sales and as a poor uni student I can only buy things on sale (in truth this applies more to luxury items at the supermarket than TV on DVD which I really can't justify buying at all).

So of course series 4 of Gilmore Girls was on sale (the one where Alexis Bledel has alarmingly blue eyes - she looks like an alien) with a neon orange "Buy me NOW, I'm Cheap" sticker - who was I too rebut such a compelling argument? By the by, with slight alteration I could wear such a sticker when out on the town. So yeah I parted with my $26 ( I personally cost slightly less than that: 1 comment about me being smart + 1 comment about my pretty eyes/hair/fingernails + a jug of beer and I'm all yours).

Now I might be biased because I'm so in love with the Girls book reading, incredibly fast talking, coffee drinking and takeaway consuming ways and maybe it's because this was the Going Away to College series but I think Series Four is really incredibly tops. I have already finished it of course - and please don't work out how consistebtly I've been watching it since I got it. The ending was just so good! I think i'm going to watch it again when I've posted this. And I love Paris. I am worried that there is a disturbing ammount of Paris in me. Also Alexis Bledel looks really beautiful on this show, much better than in The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants where a major part of her charcter is her apparent attractiveness. maybe they had a really bad makeup department? That thought makes me happy. Also also, they're making a second movie of SotTP. Yay. I mean... *acts cool*.

It especially scary that I've finished it given that I went to see a movie on Friday night. I went with T and her best friend F to see Hot Fuzz. I don't want to judge people but I think this viewing decision makes me much more intelligent than people who went to see, say, Pirates. It was quite a funny movie with appropriate Tarintino style blood spray (not that I've ever seen Reservoir Dogs but I’m a consummate poser). The goriness was unsettling because we all had massive slabs of very chocolaty cake on Lygon street beforehand. I actually thought I was going to be sick. It was really weird because it was a 10:55 showing which for a hick girl like me seems tres late and when we went out on to the street after it was really deserted. Even though it was a parody I was still seeing assasins in black robes out of the corners of my eyes (Space Demons style). This is why I haven't seen grown up movies.

It was a fun excursion though added to by T and I revving up the hysteria on the way home. Sometimes my life seems exceedingly dull, but I really don't think that "having an exciting life" has to involve being wasted or jumping out of planes or sleeping with random people. seeing one of my favourite people in the world followed by cake and a funny movie at a random hour is almost exciting enough. (Note I'm leaving the loophole in case random guys are reading this). Sorry for the abuse of brackets. This is how my mind works, in brackets.

1 comment:

mjec said...

I think you should spend more time at JB HiFi. We on shares in the business :P.

I should also make some comment about a jug of beer, but I can't think of anything funny. You're too smart for me. (1/3 of the way there - YES! meta-unfunny-funniness!)