Monday 14 May 2007

To hang around and tap us on the shoulder

So, two weeks, huh? Oups. I did start writing a post several times. I've also composed many in my head. The writing I do in my head is much better than anything I'll ever put to paper. I just read Mjec's blog and that led to me listening to Straylight Run which led to a sufficiently introspective and melancholy mood for blog writing. Not that I've been non stop happy the last two weeks. Quite the contrary. Not quite throwing yourself in front of traffic angst (or should that be anxt?) but a sizeable amount of Uni concern. Mostly about things which turned out fine. I just got worked up. Instead of throwing mysely into on coming traffic I watched a lot of Hugh Grant movies with the audio commentary on, I suppose this is prefferable to the former response. I was cheered up to get my History essay back which I did well on and got lovely comments for. I just get stressed because unlike at highschool/college everyone at Uni pretty much wants to be here and got 90 points plus. Although there are some people I'm convinced got in due to some kind of clerical error.

As tends to happen with me I'm looking for some grand plan to aim for. I don't do well without them. Currently I want to go to the U.S. for a semester. This is very unreasonable at this point due to money and probably grades. So I think I'll try to get into the U.S. trip that they do with the History subject I'm doing this year, next year. It's only for 3 weeks and isn't cheap but It'd be a nice way to decide if I could actually hack Americans for 4-5 months. It's also with my totally cool History proff. and goes to some great places. So that's the current plan. Stay tuned as I'll no doubt have changed the plan to volunteering in Dominica in a few weeks.

Ok I'm going to heat up some food.

1 comment:

mjec said...

Wow, it's like a whole post of in-jokes :P

My melancholy is inspired by Charlie No 1.