Sunday 8 July 2007

So I've been reading through postsecrets and feeling mopey. Things have been a bit crazy here recently. Nothing directly to do with me (of course) but it has affected me a bit - given the key players are/were staying at my house. Stupid relationship nonsense. Sadly, just because I've decided I want no part in such things I am still affected by them. I just feel unable to deal with the grown up stuff. Also what's with people not closing their doors? See, my room is at the front of the house so I have to walk through the hall past the second room and through the living room area to get to the bathroom. And I really, really don't want to witness peoples "personal moments" and I would assume that people aren't that keen for me to do so either. The whole thing grosses me out. Is it ok that is grosses me out? I think I'm just supposed to be cool with it. which is a ridiculous proposition. So, I'm taking the adult route and have been playing my TV loud (ish) tonight. Hehe the guy from Lano and Woodley is doing a Metlink add. Anyway. What with touristing people around the place and wanting to be out of the house I've been reacquainting myself with Melbourne, Carlton in particular. The newsagents on Lygon Street is really great because it's run by a Pakistani (or Indian?) family in the midst of a bajillion Italian restaurants. They are usually playing that Indian dance music (Bhangra, thanks Wikipedia) and burning incense. There are two guys who usually work there - one is really flirty (I'm always incredibly shocked when people flirt with me but I think that's what he does...) and the other one is really shy and meek. I find the place quietly amusing.

Ok then, going to risk venturing down the hall to the toilet!

2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

to blog is very good congratulations

mjec said...

I am NOT stoned ALL the time these days. I haven't been stoned in more than two weeks!

But yeah, not being ok is quite appropriate. Tolerance is fine, but that doesn't mean you have to live with it.

I'm tired. Clearly.