Sunday 15 July 2007

Smile like you mean it.

Was just watching Big Love earlier (quite a good show, I think) and clicking about on Facebook. I was replying to a comment from one of my (fiercely Christian) cousins, which was taking a while because I was distracted by the TV show. It was rather tempting to say "sorry if this is disjointed I'm distracted by the two guys who are about to kiss on this TV show I'm watching about polygamy". Would have been classic. Of course I wouldn't have said that though. Accidentally releasing the information that I'm an atheist is more than enough drama for me. And the truth is, I don't want them to not like me. If they really knew me, I don't think they would like me at all.

Not much else I feel like talking (typing) about. I spent a ridiculous amount of time in Borders today, without buying anything apart from a hot chocolate. While drinking this I finished reading the Postsecrets book. Which mostly made me feel incredibly, sad about the world, but occasionally made me feel really quite happy. I really, really, like bookshops. Unlike clothes stores I don't mind not buying anything. I like running my fingers down the spines of the books. I like the idea that there is a book somewhere about a young girl growing up in post revolution Iran, told in comic form.

I changed one of my subjects today, I'm now doing a creative writing subject. It all worked at well, because as I've previously said, I think I should give creative writing another go. It also means I no longer have a clash and will be able to work Tuesday afternoon. Plus, less reading! (Because Arts is such hard work, hehe).

Also: enrol to vote!

No comments: