Saturday 8 December 2007

Billion year old carbon

So I'm going to try for a less confessional tone in this entry. But if you feel like complaining about this sudden avalanche of mediocre prose you should be sure to realise that I got an 83 in auto fictions, at Melbourne University no less. It's actually a quite bizarre experience to be able to make that kind of comment after all my years of chip-on-my shoulderness about going to state schools. Of course now I have the double whammy of "I got into Melbourne Uni after going to state school". Having said all this I really only think Melbourne Uni is all that great for comedic effect.

I am thinking of taking up yoga. And I have only been living in Brunswick for one week. I mostly just like the idea. It would also give me a legitimate reason to buy yoga pants. Perhaps it will help shift my extra three kilos? I'm not sure, I have a feeling it is more about aligning chakras and so forth than something as superficial as weight loss. Classes start January 10, we'll have to wait and see if I'm still enthused then.

Other things I plan to do:

Read:
Fear of Flying
The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Beauty Myth
No Logo
Lady Chatterley's Lover
+ all the books on my reading list for my lit subject (which I just tried to access and couldn't, making me feel both annoyed and like a loser)

Watch:
Casablanca
Festival
Sicko

Ok so now I've written a shopping list style entry. Oups.

2 comments:

mjec said...

My mother brought me a hairbrush back from England. Between that and shampoo, long hair actually isn't so bad.

It is impossible to notice three kilograms of additional human weight without a scale, or at least such familiarity and access to your body as only you have.

That said, yoga is all wank anyway.

I bet this is the earliest anyone has ever posted a comment on your blog (8am).

Angie said...

hey chicken. obviously it's been a while since i checked in here since there are not one but two new posts. sitting using kris's computer in copenhagen (macs scare me).
i was going to do yoga once. but the classes were way too early in the morning for me to actually be bothered. so i never went. or maybe it was pilates. anyway.
dont know if k has already mentioned this, but we (k and i) get into melb on the same day, random. i bought me a black dress today. love shopping.
this isnt really a comment, but im too lazy to write it anywhere else now, i want bed.
gute nacht (i realise that's german not danish, but oh well)
love from your plus one