Tuesday 24 August 2010

Academic essays I would write...

... If only I had the skills, opportunity and dedication required.

(Quite likely essays on these topics already exist. I don't care)

Crass Charmers and Foppish Professors: a study of the portrayal of American and British characters in the popular culture of both nations.

A Man and a Woman Walk into a Bar, and Tell Jokes: a study of the way that gender norms dictate the observation of, and participation in humor by men and women.

The Internet as a Third Space
(I realize this has almost definitely been written about a thousand times by now, but when I argued about this with my disbelieving professor in my first year of Uni it was a more revolutionary idea, and I am clinging to that.)

What Freedom Means: an analysis of the divergent, historical and current, attitude towards authority in Australia and America.

If my Room is Blue Does that Mean I'm not a Girl? Childhood development and the construction of the gender binary.


Will add more as I think of them!

No comments: